Monday, March 11, 2013

Late Night Radio Will Be the End of Me

Ladies and germs:

I must confess a guilty pleasure of mine. I love to listen to late night radio. It's the equivalent of daytime soap operas. So terrible and yet…oh so good.

Ah, the love panels! The bad poetry! The space themed classical music broadcasts!

Last evening, the love panels caught my attention. These types of broadcasts usually consist of two or three advice-givers and random people calling in. Since the stations can't censor the callers, these shows can get entertaining.

"Hi there, so, I've, like, been with my boyfriend for like three years now and all of a sudden he has a microwave fetish...and I'm like, uh, what's up with that?" (funnier if read in a New York accent)

"So, hey, uh, listen. I've always been worried that the size of my…member isn't quite up to the standards, and uh, yeah."

"My husband and I are trying for a baby and he started putting garlic cloves all around the bed because of some superstition that says that'll make it a boy, but I want a girl. What can I do to counteract the voodoo? I'm in my 3rd trimester and rain dances aren't really possible at this point for me."

"So, like, uh, I'm 23, and, uh, I keep hearing about this thing called....called...uh...um....sex? And like, what is that?"

Oh, America, how I love thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment